Talisay City Mayor Neil Lizares III Met with Barangay Officials, Workers of Brgy. Katilingban
Posted October 12, 2017
Yesterday, October 11, 2017, Talisay City Mayor Neil Lizares III attends to the needs of his people from the city’s most remote barangay, Barangay Katilingaban. Punong Barangay Jude Abellana with Barangay Kagawads Ponciano Pascual, Renato Pascual, Boyet Pascual, Mansueto Pascual, Jr. and Merlita Serapio laid down some of their predicaments and asked for the city’s assistance in resolving such. Among the concerns raised were:
- Proposed rehabilitation and maintenance of the roads going through their barangay that is presently in very bad condition brought about by the rainy season.
- Request for replacement of old and non-functioning streetlights in the barangay
- Request for a temporary terminal in the city for the public utility jeepneys plying Talisay – Barangay Katilingban routes.
- Request for the city’s mediation for the approval of their Franchise request.
- Different concerns for the barangay’s day care centers.
In response, Talisay City Mayor Neil E. Lizares III, instructed the City Engineering Office to prepare all the necessary documents and instructed Budget Officer Ma’am Annabelle Jocson to provide for fund allocations to cater all their requests.
Ravaged roads will be rehabilitated and maintenance will be ensured as Barangay Katilingban will be in charge of assigning food for work personnel to ensure that roads will always be well maintained. An ocular inspection will be set to check the status of the existing streetlight lines in the area.
The #gwapongaserbisyo is indeed sincere in delivering not just the basic services to all Talisaynons. For just a matter of less than two years in serving the City of Talisay, sustainable and beneficial projects and programs are implemented, truly, Mayor Neil E. Lizares always delivers!!