Talisay City Launched Supplemental Feeding Program

October 2, 2017

Mayor Neil E. Lizares III with wife, Atty. Rowena Lopez Lizares gracing today's launching of the Supplemental Feeding Program of the City of Talisay. The P1.2 Million pesos project is set to benefit 667 underweight children aging 2 to 5 years old from the 27 barangays in the city. The city's counterpart for the said program is P240,000.00 comprising the 20% allocation of the program and the remaining P960,000.00 or the 80% allocation is funded by the national government.

Said program is under the Bottom-Up Budgeting Program of the city under the Department of Social Welfare and Development Office. The Talisay City Nutrition Office together with the City Social Welfare and Development Office are the forefront offices in the implementation of the said program with the support and cooperation of the parents and the Barangay Health workers and nutrition scholars.

The 667 children beneficiaries are coming from the selected pantawid beneficiaries and identified underweight children from the 27 barangays in the city. The supplemental feeding will run for 120 days following the prescribed 15 day menu cycle, to serve hot meals for the beneficiaries to ensure proper nutrition and achieve remarkable change in the children's growth.

Mayor Neil E. Lizares III, Sangguniang Panlungsod Member, Randy Ereñeta, Asst. City Administrator Ismael Penado, CSWDO Head Mrs. Elizabeth Mosquera, City Consultant for Nutrition, Mrs. Ninfa Treyes and City Nutrirtion Officer, Mrs. Gemma Gonzaga are all present and gave their respective messages centered on the importance of proper nutrition and balanced diet for all.

Asst. City Administrator announces that the City of Talisay is one of the highest ranking Local Government Unit in terms of Nutritional Supplementation and Nutritional Program all over the region. For follow -up and in support of the Nutrition program of the #gwapongaserbisyo, The City of Talisay will be implementing a follow-up feeding program after the implementation of the 120 days feeding program of the BUB funded Supplemental Feeding project in the city.